The GDPR outlines several exceptions when a business may keep information. We will not delete your information if it is needed to:
- Complete your transaction, provide a good or service you requested, or perform a contract we have with you
- Maintain information required by authorities both at local and at EU level
- Protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and to detect or prevent fraud or any illegal activity
- Debug and repair errors that impair intended functionality of our websites, mobile apps or business
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Comply with our record retention policies
- Legal archival purposes
- Enable a lawful, internal use of information that is reasonably aligned with our customer’s expectations for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information
- For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If we need to keep your data, we will inform you about the reasons for not taking action and on the possibility of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority and seeking judicial relief.